Universal remotes are used to operate different types of devices. It can manage the devices of any brand whether audio or video. In order to use the Universal remote codes with your devices, you need to program them with the respective devices. You need to enter the Specific code to operate your device with universal remote control. First of all, you need to have the code list with you to program your universal remote control. Here is the code list of some brands http://myuniversalremotecodes.com/.
Programming of a Universal Remote
There are multiple ways to program a universal remote.
Keycode is the easiest way to program a universal remote control. It also identifies the model of the device.
- Turn the device ON.
- Press the TV button on the Universal remote control.
- Press and hold the Setup button of the remote until a light flash appears.
- Enter the keycode that you have chosen from the code list.
- Point the remote at the TV and Press and hold the Power button.
- When the screen switches off, release the Power button.
If the device is stool not working then choose another code from the same list and repeat the procedure.
How to program with universal remote code search
If you are failed to find the right code for the remote to work with your device then switch the universal remote to the search mode. It will search for the right code for you.
- Turn ON the device.
- Press and hold the Setup button.
- Enter the three-digit code(9-9-1).
- Hold the Power button on the remote and now press the channel up until the device Turns OFF.
If you are unable to program the remote with the above methods then try the manual method.
- Place both the remotes( universal remote control and the simple remote control) in front of each other.
- Press the Setup button
- Enter the code that you have collected from the manual programming.
- Press the function that you want to program like ‘TV VOL UP’.
- Press and hold the corresponding key on the remote control.
- If the light starts to blink, it indicates the code is being saved successfully.
- TV VOL UP button is saved in the remote. You can use it whenever needed.
You will have to repeat the procedure for each function to program. And then press the Setup button.
How to find Code for Universal Remote?
By simply following the steps below you would program the Universal remote control by using automatic code search.
- Click on TV.
- Press and hold Setup until the TV key blinks twice.
- Once you enter the code 9-9-1, the TV key will blink twice.
- Click and release the Power button.
- Turn the device OFF while holding ‘CH+’ continuously.
- Press and release the Setup button, the TV key would blink twice.
That was all you need to do to program your universal remote control with your devices. Try them out. If not successful in 1st step, try it repeatedly.