Social science is one of the most important academic subjects for tenth class students. But often students struggle to score well in social science subjects because it is full of theoretical topics, dates, democratic rules, economics, timeline, and history. But all this can be remembered by the students by following the right techniques. Let us discuss the techniques which students can follow to understand social science better and score well in the exam too.
How to score well in social science exams: tips for tenth class learners
Sample papers can be helpful
Along with reading the chapters and memorising the important topics, solving question papers can also help students a lot to score well in social studies exams. These sample papers tell you about what is the language of questions asked in the exam. Regular solving makes learners familiar with the exam pattern and also boosts their confidence level. This helps to score well in the main exams.
- Solve as many sample papers as you can. This will help to figure out what types of questions are asked repetitively. If you find something new that you haven’t learned, don’t forget to add it to your history notes or pol science and geography ones respectively.
- You can use textbooks, guides, online teaching sites, and apps to access the sample papers for practice.
Reading is a very important activity and all students must practice it. Social science is quite a theoretical subject and simply memorising them for the exams without understanding can be difficult for the learners.
- All students should line-wise read the whole lesson. This will help them to deeply understand every topic.
- Also, line-by-line reading will help students to answer all the types of questions that come in the exam. This will help learners to score high marks too.
Social science exams have different types of questions like short answer type, long answer type, one-word answers, multiple-choice questions, and map questions too. Often students spend a lot of time learning the question and answers, hence forgetting to cover the maps. This affects their exam scores a lot. The geography and history lessons have a lot of maps that must be practised by the learners.
- Refer to your textbooks to know the map questions. You can also ask your teachers to explain the maps in detail in the classroom. Learn the places thoroughly and solve them as many times as you can.
- You can watch educational and geographical videos to understand and memorise the maps better. With visualisation, technique learning becomes much easier for the learners.
Listen to the teachers carefully
The social science of earlier classes is easy but when it comes to tenth class learners, the subject gets more detailed and deep. Therefore listening to the teachers in the classroom is very important. Those who don’t listen carefully to the teachers don’t understand topics well. Their self-learning and exam scores are also affected.
- Practice active learning so that you can also make notes of the important terms and definitions emphasised by the teachers. For example, when a teacher is teaching a history lesson, don’t forget to make history notes.
- If you didn’t understand something, ask the teachers to repeat it to you. This way you can understand properly.
Take up any physical activity
Along with active learning, staying mentally and physically fit before your exams is very important. Therefore, students must opt for any physical activity which is convenient for them. Physical and mental fitness enhance their exam preparation as well.
- Develop a habit of everyday exercising. Simple walking, running, dancing, hitting a gym, playing sports are a few such examples.
- You can do physical activity at any time of the day when you are free. Even a thirty-minute workout will do wonders for effective academic performance.
Pro tips to follow
- Study every day. Regular preparation is very necessary. The tenth class syllabus of social science is a little vast and hence can not be completed in the last times. Therefore all learners should study social science regularly.
- Social science for tenth class students is divided into geography, history, political science, and economics. What students must do is focus on learning all the subjects. Don’t just study one subject and leave others. Develop a study timetable that makes you revise all four divisions.
- Positivity in life is very important. Don’t overstress yourself. Students should focus on their actions and preparation and not focus on other things. Stress can affect the mental and physical health of the students.
Tenth-class scores are very important for all learners. One of the main subjects that require effective exam preparation is social science. All the above-mentioned tips are very helpful for the tenth-grade students to score well in their social science exams.