After you set up your Epson printer successfully, when you start to work with the printer, your computer might pop up a message saying that your printer is offline. Since the printer is offline, you will not be able to print any files. Epson printer offline fix methods can only solve this error without any difficulty.
What Does this Epson Printer Offline Mean?
Your Epson printer offline can occur when this device cannot communicate with your laptop or system. Only when the Epson printers are offline, they fail to communicate with other devices.
How to Fix this Issue?
If you say that ‘my Epson printer keeps going offline on my mac’ or any other device, then you will have to follow the methods given below to fix such issues.
Method 1 Change Epson Printer Offline to Online:
- Users will have to begin the method by restarting their printer device.
- Then press the Windows + I button and go to the windows settings of your device.
- Now double click on the devices option that is on your screen.
- After that, you will have to click on the option ‘printer & scanner’.
- Within a few seconds, in the printer list, you will be able to see the Epson printers.
- Right-click on the Epson printer icon and choose the option ‘see what’s printing.
- Then you will have to uncheck the box, ‘stop printing & printer from another printer.
- After that from the drop-down menu, you will have to select the ‘use printer online’ option.
Check if the printer is set as default:
For this, you will have to right-click on the Epson printer from the printer list and select the option, ‘see what’s printing. Then choose the option to set Epson as the default printer.
Method 2 Update the Epson Printer Driver:
Offline printers are also caused because of the issues that are in the driver. There are options to pay and get the update or you can also get free updates.
You can also install apps on your device to detect if there is any malware or virus on your drivers. This will scan the device completely and detect the issue in your device and fix it.
Method 3 Reinstall the Epson Printer:
This Epson printer stop printing can be easily fixed with simple reinstalling printer steps that are given below.
- Press both the windows key + R button at the same time on your keyboard.
- Then the run dialogue box will appear on your screen. There you will have to type devmgmt.msc and click on the enter option.
- After that under the queue printers, you will have to right-click on the Epson printer device and click on the option uninstall.
- Again press both the Windows key and R key together to open the run dialogue box.
- Now type control and hit on the enter option. Then click on the option devices and printers.
- At this step, you will have to right-click on the blank area and select ‘add a printer.
- This step can be skipped by all Windows 10 users. If you are a Windows 7 user, click on Add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Then click on the option ‘printer that I want isn’t listed’.
- After that, you will have to check on adding a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname.
- Now you will have to enter the port name and IP address of your printer and hit the next option.
- Once you are done with these steps, then now it’s time to restart your device and check if we have fixed the error in our Epson printer.
Method 4 Restart Your Wi-Fi:
If an ‘Epson printer offline but connected to wifi’ issue occurs, you will have to restart your Wi-Fi router and then try to print it again. Restart means all power sources must be disconnected and then fixing it properly and then restarting with the Wi-Fi can fix this issue effectively.
Method 5 Other Basic things to Fix the Issue:
- Check if your printer is receiving a stable internet connection from the Wi-Fi router. If not just restart the drives and router to fix the issue.
- Most of the users fail to turn on the printer and assume that there is some huge issue with their printer. Turning on the printer can make the device work effectively.
- Ensure that the printer settings are correctly and properly set.
For further clarification, visit the blogging website printeralign.com where you could get all troubleshooting solutions that are related to printer devices. Try visiting this website even to get instant solutions for the issue in your printer.