How to Recover Deleted Data on Windows 10
It is essential to clean up files that are no longer needed on computer. Accidentally, you deleted important files and even empty the Recycle Bin. Is it possible to recover permanently deleted data from your computer? The answer is YES. Here, we will introduce 3 methods to recover deleted data on Windows 10.
Method 1. Restore Deleted Files from Windows Backup
Windows 10 enables you make a copy of everything on your computer thanks to the backup feature. If you have deleted some files, you can still get data recovery from a backup.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & security > Backup.
- Select Backup and restore (Windows 7).
- Select Restore my files. Then, follow the instructions to restore your files.
If you had backed up all files to another drive before, you can also recover deleted data with File History.
- Type restore files into the search box on taskbar. Select Restore your files with File History.
- Find the file you want to recover. Here are all its versions listed.
- Select one version you want, for example the latest version. Click Restore to save it to the original folder or Restore to for choosing a new location.
Method 2. Restore Deleted Data on Windows 10 with Windows File Recovery
Windows File Recovery, developed by Microsoft, is a command-line program that is used to recover deleted data on Windows 10 version 2004 or later. Besides recovering files from computer hard drive, it is also available to resume files from USB drive, memory cards (SD card) etc. Now, follow the tutorial to recover deleted data from Windows 10 computer using it.
- Get Windows File Recovery from Windows Store. It is free to use.
- Open the program and you can get a command prompt window.
- If you want to recover x.docx file deleted from C drive and save the recovered one to D drive, please type the following command and run it.
winfr C: E: /regular /n users\<username>\documents\x.docx
- Type Y to continue and Y again to view recovered file.
- Now, you can get x.docx in the destination folder. Open it to check if it is the file you want.
Method 3. Recover Deleted Data on Windows 10 with Data Recovery Software
If you fail to make data recovery with the above two method, data recovery software must be your best and 100% working way. A reliable application can help you easily and quickly recover deleted data from Windows 10 computer.
iTop Data Recovery is one-stop solution for any data loss on Windows. It can resume almost all files, photos, videos and audios with the support of over 1000 formats, such as .docx/.doc, .xls, .ppt, .mp4, .mp3 and so on. It is 100% safe and clean program with no virus, malware, bundle-ware. And the whole data recovery progress runs locally. All your sensitive information can be well kept on the hard drive.
Only in 4 steps, you can recover deleted data with iTop Data Recovery.
Step 1. Download and install iTop Data Recovery on your Windows 10 computer.
Step 2. Choose the scan locations and file type.
Step 3. Click the big SCAN button to start scanning your computer.
Step 4. Soon, it will list all deleted file on your computer. Select one or more files you want to recover. Click Recover to restore the deleted data from your computer.
It will not be a disaster if you unexpectedly delete some important files on your Windows 10 computer. Here’re 3 helpful methods that can recover deleted data from PC. If you want an easy and 100% working way, iTop Data Recovery is the recommendation. Well, pick any method you like and get your data back now.