How can a candidate register for CLAT?
The CLAT curriculum was designed by the Consortium of National Law Universities for undergraduate and graduate students (NLUs). English language, current events (including general knowledge), legal reasoning, logical reasoning, and quantitative methods are the five components of the UG CLAT curriculum. On the other hand, the CLAT PG programme is based on the LLB’s core subjects. The syllabus for CLAT does not change every year; however, there may be some differences in question types.
CLAT 2022 application fee
Filling out application form for CLAT will not suffice. Candidates should also be aware of the syllabus to qualify the exam. For this, you can practice with BYJU’S Exam Prep for CLAT syllabus. The CLAT application fees for this year is ₹4000 for the general category, EWS, and OBC candidates.
For SC, ST, and BPL applicants, the CLAT 2022 registration fee is ₹3500.
Candidates can also pay ₹500 for previous years’ question papers. Do note that the application fee is non-refundable.
CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria
Before applying for CLAT 2022, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for the national-level law entrance exam. The CLAT 2022 qualification standards for undergraduate and master’s degrees are listed below
|Particulars||CLAT PG||CLAT UG|
|Minimum educational qualification||3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB||Class 12 or equivalent|
|Age limit||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Minimum qualifying marks||50% (45% in the case of SC and ST candidates)||45 % (40% in the case of SC and ST candidates)|
Candidates must present all essential certificates and submit information about their educational qualifications while filling out the application form. Consequently, applicants should double-check that they have all the essential papers before starting the application process.
The required certificates and information are:
- Mark sheets and certificates for the tenth and twelfth grades
- Email address and cell phone number
- Certificate of caste (if applicable)
- Certificate of domicile (if applicable)
- Signature and photograph (scanned in the prescribed format given below)
- BPL authorization (If applicable)
|Document||Image Size (Maximum)||Format|
|Photograph (passport size)||500 Kb||jpg/jpeg or PNG|
|Signature||100 Kb||jpg/jpeg or PNG|
|State of domicile certificate||1.5 Mb|
How to fill out the CLAT 2022 Application Form?
CLAT 2022 is open to all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. The CLAT 2022 application process is divided into four sections.
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) to learn more about CLAT 2022.
- By clicking on the CLAT 2022 link on the website, you will be taken to the registration panel.
Click the “Register” link to get started.
- Provide your name, cell phone number, and email address on the CLAT 2022 registration form.
- Your registered mobile phone number and email address will receive an OTP.
On the CLAT login page, enter your OTP to complete the registration procedure.
After completing the registration procedure, applicants will have access to the CLAT 2022 application form.
The application form has five sections: personal information, communication details, qualifying examination data, preference, and reservation.
In each of these categories, candidates must fill all required fields.
- Upload a recent passport-size photo and signature as directed.
- Fill in the applicant’s full name, gender, date of birth, father and mother’s names, category, nationality, residency status, and NRI status (if applicable).
- To go to the communication page, click next after entering the essential information.
Include both your primary and secondary addresses here.
- Fill in your email address as well as your cell phone number.
Candidates will be requested to fill out a questionnaire on their educational background. For the UG CLAT, candidates must enter their Class 10th and Class 12th grades. Candidates for the LLM programme will be expected to give information about their graduation as well as their school education.
The following educational information is required from the candidates:
- Qualifying exam
- Name of board or university
- Passing status – Appearing/Appeared or Passed
- Month of passing
- Year of passing
Applicants must complete the national-level law entrance test prerequisites before enrolling for CLAT 2022. Check the qualifications mentioned above, fill out an application, and start preparing for the test.